3 February 2017

Format of a Cover Letter

Format of a Cover Letter
Letter Writing
Job Application
(Sender's Address)
From
Name
Address
  ................................. one line space .........................................
10-10-2016 (Date)
  ................................. one line space .........................................
(Receiver's Address)
To
Name 
Address
  ................................. one line space .........................................
Sir/Madam, (Salutation)
  ................................. one line space .........................................
                 Sub: Application for the Post of ................. - Reg.
  ................................. one line space .........................................
Paragraph 1 (What is the purpose of the letter? How do you know about the vacancy/job position)
  ................................. one line space .........................................
Paragraph 2 (Provide details how you are suitable for that particular position, and skills required to perform the job)
  ................................. one line space .........................................
Paragraph 3 ( Conveying our thanks in advance and concluding the letter anticipating call from the employer)
  ................................. one line space .........................................
Thank you sir/madam
  ................................. one line space .........................................
Yours faithfully, (Complimentary close)
  ................................. one line space .........................................in the space sign
                           
(Name)
  .................................two line space .........................................
Enclosures: 1. Resume
                  2. Certificates


The letter format is in block style where punctuation marks are used only twice i.e. for salutation and complimentary close only.


A Sample Cover letter 

A Sample cover letter


Sample Cover Letter

Rajesh
H.No-13-12-1110
Raghavendra Nagar
Secunderabad

02-02-2017

The HR Manager
ABC Company Pvt. Ltd
MNC Colony
Mumbai

Sir/Madam,

                 Sub: Application for the post of Software Engineer - Reg.

In response to your advertisement in The Hindu dated 31st January, 2017. I wish to apply for the post of Software Engineer in your esteemed company. 

I have complete my Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering. As part of the degree I am trained and got command over basic concepts and techniques in the areas of Java, Dot net and C++. The degree course involves independent research skills, requiring initiative, self-motivation and a variety of skills. In last two semesters, we had hands on experience, simulation tasks, work samples and industry visits as part of the course. Hence, I am industry ready, quick learner and work in teams effectively.I am enclosing my detailed resume along with the mail.

I would be grateful if you consider my application for the advertised post. I look forward to meet you and I am available for interview.

Thank you sir/madam

Yours faithfully,

(Rajesh)

Enclosures: 1. Resume







         

No comments:

sh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...