- Government Jobs
- Personality Development
- Career Guidance
- General Knowledge
- Soft skills
- Great Personalities
- Competitive Exams
- Admission Notification 2015
- Distance Education Admissions
- UGC NET English
- Download E book
- Spoken English
23 August 2016
20 August 2016
Army Public Schools Recruitment 2016
Army Public Schools (APS) invites applications for the recruitment of Teacher Posts.
Qualification Post Graduation/Graduation/B.Ed.
Registration date 17/8/2016 to 13/9/2016
Click here for How to apply
For more information click Army Public Schools
For detail advertisement click here
14 August 2016
11 August 2016
JNTUH I B.Tech. I Year English Syllabus
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABADI Sem B.Tech. L T/P/D C 2 -/-/- 4
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION IN ENGLISH1. INTRODUCTION:
In view of the growing importance of English as a tool for global communication and the consequent emphasis on training students to acquire communicative competence, the syllabus has been designed to develop linguistic and communicative competencies of Engineering students. The prescribed books and the exercises are meant to serve broadly as students’ handbooks.
In the English classes, the focus should be on the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking and for this the teachers should use the text prescribed for detailed study. For example, the students should be encouraged to read the texts/selected paragraphs silently. The teachers can ask comprehension questions to stimulate discussion and based on the discussions students can be made to write short paragraphs/essays etc.
The text for non-detailed study is for extensive reading/reading for pleasure. Hence, it is suggested that they read it on their own the topics selected for discussion in the class. The time should be utilized for working out the exercises given after each section , as also for supplementing the exercises with authentic materials of a similar kind for example, from newspaper articles, advertisements, promotional material etc.. However, the stress in this syllabus is on skill development, fostering ideas and practice of language skills.
a. To improve the language proficiency of the students in English with emphasis on LSRW skills.
b. To equip the students to study academic subjects more effectively using the theoretical and practical
components of the English syllabus.
c. To develop the study skills and communication skills in formal and informal situations.
1. To enable students to develop their listening skill so that they may appreciate its role in the LSRW skills
approach to language and improve their pronunciation
2. To equip students with necessary training in listening so that they can comprehend the speech of people of
different backgrounds and regions Students should be given practice in listening to the sounds of the language to be able to recognise them, to distinguish between them to mark stress and recognise and use the right intonation in sentences.
• Listening for general content
• Listening to fill up information
• Intensive listening
• Listening for specific information
1. To make students aware of the role of speaking in English and its contribution to their success.
2. To enable students to express themselves fluently and appropriately in social and professional contexts.
• Oral practice
• Describing objects/situations/people
• Role play – Individual/Group activities (Using exercises from all the nine units of the prescribed text: Learning
English : A Communicative Approach.)
• Just A Minute(JAM) Sessions.
1. To develop an awareness in the students about the significance of silent reading and comprehension.
2. To develop the ability of students to guess the meanings of words from context and grasp the overall
message of the text, draw inferences etc.
• Skimming the text
• Understanding the gist of an argument
• Identifying the topic sentence
• Inferring lexical and contextual meaning
• Understanding discourse features
• Recognizing coherence/sequencing of sentences
NOTE : The students will be trained in reading skills using the prescribed text for detailed study.
They will be examined in reading and answering questions using ‘unseen’ passages which may be taken from
authentic texts, such as magazines/newspaper articles.
Writing Skills :
1. To develop an awareness in the students about writing as an exact and formal skill
2. To equip them with the components of different forms of writing, beginning with the lower order ones.
• Writing sentences
• Use of appropriate vocabulary
• Paragraph writing
• Coherence and cohesiveness
• Narration / description
• Note Making
• Formal and informal letter writing
• Describing graphs using expressions of comparison
1. Fluency in English - A course book for Engineering Students by Board of Editors: Hyderabad: Orient BlackSwan Pvt. Ltd. 2016. print.
2. Raman, Meenakshi and Sharma, Sangeeta. Technical Communication - Principles and Practice. 3rd edition. New Delhi: Oxford University Press. 2015
7 July 2016
Santoor Women’s Scholarships 2016
The Santoor Women Scholarship program is an initiative of Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro Cares. It intends to financially support girls from disadvantaged backgrounds, who wish to pursue higher education after grade 12. The program is being launched in 2016-17 and will offer 900 scholarships across the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is a recurring annual program and selected girls will be supported for the duration of their higher education. The support covers tuition fees and incidental expenses.Who can apply: Girl students from the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana who want to pursue professional courses starting 2016-17 like Engineering, Medicine can apply. Those who intend to pursue higher education in the field of humanities, liberal arts and sciences can apply under this Santoor Women Scholarship. Preference will be given to students from backward districts.
Number of Scholarships: 900
Scholarship Amount: Upon selection, the winners would be given Rs. 24,000 or Rs. 36,000 per annum, depending on where they pursue their diploma/graduate program. The higher scholarship will apply to students studying in metros and large cities. You are permitted to utilize the scholarship for tuition fees or other expenses incidental to education.
It is a recurring annual program and selected girls will be supported for the duration of their higher education.
The last date to apply for these scholarships is July 31, 2016.
For more details and to download the application form, visit Santoor Women’s Scholarships website.
Also go through these FAQs.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
22 June 2016
19 June 2016
Santoor Women's Scholarship 2016
The Santoor Scholarship program is an initiative of Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro Cares. It intends to financially support girls from disadvantaged backgrounds, who wish to pursue higher education after grade 12. The program is being launched in 2016-17 and will offer 900 scholarships across the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is a recurring annual program and selected girls will be supported for the duration of their higher education. The support covers tuition fees and incidental expenses.
Besides students inclined towards professional courses, those who intend to pursue higher education in the field of humanities, liberal arts and sciences are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to students from backward districts.
FOR MORE DETAILS CLICK ON THE ICONS BELOW
The last date for form submission is 31st July 2016
For more information visit http://santoorscholarships.com/
Inspiring Youth Anthem Composition Competition 2016