SECTION- I (35 MARKS)
1. Answer any ONE of the following essay question: 10
a) Explain the theme of duty and friendship in “After Twenty Years”.
b) The relationship between Nature and Human life in “The last leaf”.
2. Answer any ONE of the following essay question: 10
a) Why is the “LADY WITH THE LAMP” a friend of soldiers?
b) Why should we thank the Nurse?
3. Answer any THREE of the following in a paragraph: 3x5=15
a) How was Ellen saved from arrest by the Police?
b) What are the uses of Kamala Powder?
c) How did Peter get his first flat?
d) How die Joe and Delia earn money?
e) Why was Aksionov arrested by the Police?
SECTION-II (20 MARKS)
4. Write a letter to the managing Director, Apollo Hospital,
Chennai, applying for the post of a Nurse. 10
5. Write a paragraph on any ONE of the following: 5
a) Road accidents and Remedies
b) Women’s Education
6. Write a paragraph on any ONE of the following: 5
a) The role of a nurse in a hospital.
b) Health and regular exercise.
SECTION-III (20 MARKS)
7. Correct the following sentences: 5
a) Rama as well as Hari, have won the prize.
b) He bowls well, Isn’t it?
c) It is raining for the last one hour.
d) The house is belonging to my uncle.
e) He is a best friend of mine.
8. Rewrite as directed: 5
a) The teacher said, “Keep quiet?” (Into indirect speech)
b) India won the game. (Change the voice)
c) The train left before I reached the station. (Correct the tense)
d) He worked hard. He failed. (Make it a complex sentence)
e) He knows grammar well. (Make it a negative sentence)
9) Use the following sentences of your own: 3
a) In front of
b) Instead of
c) In despair
10) Write the antonyms for the following: 2
11) Rewrite the following sentences with suitable words given in the
a) My teacher’s ____ is always good. (Advise/ Advice)
b) Bad weather ____ health. (Affects/ Effects)
c) Try to ____ the new conditions. (Adopt/Adapt)
d) I bring milk from ____ . (Dairy/Diary)
e) Don’t ____ your temper. (Lose/ Loose)